Under the direction of the Director of Specialized Services, the Intelligence Analyst conducts quantitative and qualitative analysis and assessments across the San Manuel business enterprise. The Intelligence Analyst provides a unique combination of the traditional criminal and public safety aspects of looking at existing and emerging security-related risks to the enterprise, in addition to providing an all-hazards approach. The Intelligence Analyst focuses on areas of concentration that includes patterns of potential criminal activity, including; but not limited to, fraud and theft, threats of workplace violence, potential malicious insider activity, suspicious activity, or other areas pertaining to public health matters, entertainment, emergency management, fire, along with Tribal Safety and Security.
The Intelligence Analyst will be a key to achieving the long-term goals of the establishment of a “state of the art” Fusion Center for the San Manuel enterprise. The goal of the department is to deliver a “Best-in-Class” intelligence program with a customer service philosophy, in accordance with current policies, procedures, and established objectives. The Intelligence Analyst will have an instrumental role in developing this new capability across the San Manuel enterprise. The candidate selected for this role evaluates risks and delivers actionable intelligence to key Tribal and Resort/Casino business leaders to inform their security-related decision-making.
The Intelligence Analyst also collaborates, initiates, and supports opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission, and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conducts threat analysis and risk assessments by coordinating with law enforcement agencies and other departments as needed within the Tribal Community and San Manuel enterprise.
2. Develops and supports existing models to identify existing and emerging security/ public safety risks. Defines metrics that influence risk mitigation decisions.
3. Supports in the establishment of relevant commercial and public data feeds and platform tools to facilitate basic analysis.
4. Conducts physical security assessments for the Tribal Community and San Manuel enterprise.
5. Serves on committees and law enforcement/private sector partnerships focused on terrorism liaison, physical security, asset protection, and workplace violence prevention.
6. Participates in intel led prevention programs and assigned long-term projects in conjunction with all appropriate San Manuel components and related Tribal and Resort/Casino departments.
7. Represents the department publicly and serves as a key representative of the San Manuel’s Intelligence Divisions to internal customers, vendors, and visiting patrons.
8. Interacts, both formally and informally with community groups and customers of all backgrounds. Provides information about policies, procedures and ordinances as they affect the visiting public and maintains good public relations with internal customers and vendors.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Associate’s degree or advanced certificate in Intelligence Analysis or related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Intelligence Analysis, Criminal Justice, and/or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in a public or private sector security related position inclusive of conducting, assessing, and mitigating security threats is required.
- Experience in corporate risk intelligence preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write intelligently in the English language. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Must have documented, verifiable experience in drafting policies and procedures for an organization of comparable size to the San Manuel Department of Public Safety.
- Knowledge of the security industry and developed relationships with a variety of security professionals is highly desired.
- Must possess the ability to understand, apply, and ensure compliance with established professional standards, directives, approved procedures and policies, applicable federal and state regulations along with tribal ordinances and all Tribal gaming related regulations.
- Displays situational awareness, diplomacy, professionalism, and confidentiality while engaging with all levels and handling sensitive information.
- Must be highly comfortable with ambiguity, rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!