At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit www.lexisnexisrisk.com.
LexisNexis is seeking a candidate to work as a Sacramento County Regional Crime Analyst embedded at the Sacramento Police Department in California (at the police department daily). This analyst is instrumental in collecting analyzing, and disseminating offender data. They develop and provide training on crime analysis software and methods for officers and executive staff. Duties also include developing profiles of victims and suspects, and coordinating and preparing crime analysis reports for series, trends, patterns, and monitoring individual offenders across jurisdictional lines.
The analyst should be highly skilled at using statistics to analyze crime patterns and trends. The analyst is expected to develop and prepare analysis reports utilizing numerous types of software to create charts, graphs, maps and data bases that will help relate data in order to track and present findings associated with criminal activity. The analyst will coordinate and conduct regular regional meetings and presentations on their findings and provide exceptional customer support to all investigators with whom they interact. The analyst must complete a background check performed by the Sacramento Police Department. Management preference is a background in crime analysis on a regional level.
- Aides in guiding customer agency on how LexisNexis public safety products should be used to combat crime and disorder problems in the city
- Analyzes, investigates, and resolves problems to ensure product integrity Performs a variety of strategic, tactical, and administrative duties relating to the systematic process of collecting, categorizing, analyzing, and disseminating timely, accurate, and useful information that describes crime patterns, crime trends, and potential suspects
- Prepares a variety of reports such as crime information and patrol bulletins, monthly and quarterly activity summaries, department annual reports and specific statistical/research reports as needed
- Works to enhance understanding of product knowledge and customer requirements Ensures analytical services align with the strategic goals of customer agency
- Evaluates analytical services to identify analytical gaps
- Acts as a liason between customer agency and LexisNexis
- Presents and discusses innovative ideas on product improvements and enhancements to manager for incorporation into new and existing products
- Professionally maintains relationships with internal and external customers Acquires and enhances understanding of LexisNexis products and customer requirements
- Supports PS Market related projects Represents LexisNexis at customer facing events
- BA or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Crime/Data Analyst
- Self-motivated and dynamic
- Demonstrated competence in application of logic to problems
- Demonstrated competence in research and problem resolution
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability and desire to learn new processes, tools, and technologies
- Knowledge of various data types and formats including, but not limited to: XML, flat files, delimited, etc.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and processes
- Proofreading skills to see how data and facts can be linked together to create more meaningful conclusions
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
Please visit our website to apply: https://relx.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RiskSolutions/job/California/Crime-Data-Analyst-I_LNR007Y9