Location: Oakland, California, US, 94607
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Our values of Do the Right Thing, Excel Together and Put Customers First are at the heart of what matters most to us, and our Core Capabilities, Building Trust, Accountability, Effective Communication, Customer Focus, and Proactive Safety & Security are what every employee needs to know and do to be most impactful at Amtrak.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Senior Safety & Security Analyst is a regionally embedded analyst who is responsible for performing complex research and analysis to support data-driven decision-making and resource allocation for mitigating safety and security risks to customers and employees. This analyst will work closely with staff to generate statistical and graphical analysis of safety and criminal incident data. The analyst will collaborate with a team of analysts supporting the safety and security departments of the organization to ensure a constant flow of timely, accurate, and relevant information to stakeholders.
- Gather, interpret, analyze, and summarize data from multiple sources in support of disseminating meaningful safety and security data to business partners throughout the organization.
- Identify patterns or trends in incidents. Conduct root cause analysis to assist personnel with formulating mitigation strategies. Measure effectiveness of strategies implemented.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports, presentation maps, or charts based on research, collection, and analysis of data.
- Conduct briefings or presentations to share analytical findings to various audiences.
- Represent safety and security analytics team at meetings, conferences, or networking events to establish or enhance rapport and relationship with federal, state, and local partners.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners, stakeholders, and representatives to share information or coordinate activities. Responsible for flow of information to and from area of assigned responsibility and headquarters operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in decision science, statistics, geographic information science, or other related field, OR equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience which must be clearly articulated.
- Successful completion of a personal police background investigation.
- Secret Level security clearance, or ability to obtain one.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to apply these efficiently to solve problems
- Pattern recognition and strategic thinking skills
- Experience creating and disseminating informational bulletins for situational awareness and information sharing
- Knowledge of and experience with BI tools such as PowerBI, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and advanced formulas/functions
- Knowledge of and experience with GIS/Mapping software such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcPro, or equivalent to to conduct spatial analysis
- Ability to explain analytical findings in clear terms that can be understood by non-technical audiences
- Strong team-working and collaboration skills
- Ability to plan well and prioritize work
- Good decision-making skills and maintains calmness under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Master’s degree OR equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with Python, SQL, or similar a plus.
- Experience working in transportation or intelligence community a plus.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.