San Bernardino Police Department
Crime Data Technician (Part Time)
Salary: $2,700 - 3,282 Monthly
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Job Type: Part-Time
Department: Police Department
Closing: 7/31/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Click the link to apply today!!!Job Summary:
Under direction of a Crime Analyst, collects, analyzes and reports on crime information; conducts surveys and research; and performs related duties as assigned.
Distinguishing Characteristics:Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Crime Data Technician is a part-time position responsible for the application of specialized research and analysis techniques. Incumbents assist in conducting research and analysis on moderate to complex statistical projects. The work requires independence in developing studies and reports and making presentations on projects.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Under direction of a Crime Analyst, conducts surveys, analyses and research.
2. Collects, compiles, computes, analyzes and summarizes crime, offender, demographic and other law enforcement related data from a variety of sources, including crime reports, census data, economic data and information from other agencies; identifies trends and patterns of criminal behavior to assist in criminal investigations.
3. Prepares state and local source documents; operates a computer and applicable business and statistical software; performs research into files and evidence; maintains the integrity of the automated criminal records system.
4. Assists in coordinating meetings and acts as a liaison with other law enforcement and criminal justice agencies; assists in development and maintains Police Department's policies and procedures for identifying repeat criminal offenders.
5. Generates monthly and quarterly reports; prepares graphic displays and makes oral and written presentations; identifies and provides advice on the patterns and characteristics of criminal activity.
6. Assists in the planning, preparation and instruction of police personnel in criminal analyses.
7. Attends and participates in meetings and seminars; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of criminal justice.